Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The fine line between hoons and enthusiasts

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Soarer_TT

Soarer_TT

The fine line between hoons and enthusiasts Empty
PostSubject: The fine line between hoons and enthusiasts   The fine line between hoons and enthusiasts Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 4:40 am

This is a prime example of a poorly organised car club...

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/police-assert-hoon-drivers-will-be-charged/story-e6frea83-1225870268546

This guy apparently organised a cruise with the express intention of promoting hooning. I am proud to be a member of Mayhem as an 'enthusiast' however.

Kudos to the boys of Mayhem for not condoning such conduct. The anti-hooning provisions are somewhat uniform state-to-state, but have been amended and extended across different states. This news story provides an example of interpretation so far as to prosecute organisers of cruises. It was the undue cop attention and unwarranted defect notices (i.e. my old MR2 MISTA2 many a time) that killed the car scene back in the KMart Newtown days.

Due to the overall idea/philosophy of the Mayhem cruises, things have been clean this time around. If we maintain this attitude then Hobarts car scene will not only be resurrected, but stay alive this time.
Back to top Go down
BERZRK
Admin
BERZRK

PostSubject: Re: The fine line between hoons and enthusiasts   The fine line between hoons and enthusiasts Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 5:02 am

yeah might get arrested woo!
Back to top Go down
MUZ-304

MUZ-304

PostSubject: Re: The fine line between hoons and enthusiasts   The fine line between hoons and enthusiasts Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 12:37 pm

well at the end of the day you will have a small number of people that fall into thhe hoon cartogory in any cruze.
and to a lot of people on the street that arnt involved in the club. to them we all are...
Back to top Go down
Jaz_ej20

Jaz_ej20

PostSubject: Re: The fine line between hoons and enthusiasts   The fine line between hoons and enthusiasts Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 2:18 pm

Anyone with a modified car is going to be labelled a hoon, anyone who does blockies in town is a hoon, all p players are hoons.

Just saying what all the tv shows and news papers say.
Personally I think I used to be a hoon, but I lost my license and have settled down a shit load now, half the time I drive the legacy off boost now, where before it was constantly happening!

I have gone out and got my CAMS license and membership so I can drive my car hard on the track and let off steam out there in a safe enviroment to save me getting in trouble on the roads, and last weekend a motorkahna was on which I entered in, and had mad fun pulling handbrakies and awd skids where I am legally allowed to!

I recommend doing events like this every now and again to test the limits of your car and getting rid of the hoon inside you somewhere you won't get in trouble!
Back to top Go down
BERZRK
Admin
BERZRK

PostSubject: Re: The fine line between hoons and enthusiasts   The fine line between hoons and enthusiasts Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 4:23 am

yeah its best if everyone chills n comes to the cruises for the "cruise"

track day's is just to let the steam off cos we all know having high powered cars you just cant help it sometimes!
so hopefully this sunday's track day should be a hoot! (please dont rain)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The fine line between hoons and enthusiasts   The fine line between hoons and enthusiasts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The fine line between hoons and enthusiasts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Car Chat :: Modified Mayhem Discussions-
Jump to: