Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ark's Supra

Go down 
+2
DONB4
ark
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ark

Ark's Supra Empty
PostSubject: Ark's Supra   Ark's Supra Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 3:14 am

Hey, this is my supra - it's still a work in progress. I imported it from Japan about 2 years ago, it was a stock non-turbo, and recently put the 2jzgte engine in it (along with alot of other stuff). I don't have any pictures of the engine bay when it was finished but when I get some new ones I will put them up.

Engine & Drive Train:
‘95 2JZ-GTE, 58,000km
Permanent TTC Mod (Parallel Twin Turbo)

W58 5sp Gearbox (To be replaced with either v161 or r154)
W58 Flywheel
Exedy Heavy Duty Clutch Kit

Golpher 40mm Alloy Radiator
Stainless Steel Radiator Cooling Panel & Plate
Custom Overflow

HDI FMIC & Piping, 600X300X94
Derale Power Steering Cooler

Tune Agent Dump Pipe (3”)
Tune Agent Front Pipe (3”)
Apexi ECV
Metal Cat (3.5”)
HKS Hi-power Silent Cat-Back (3”)

Suspension:
HSD HR Coilovers (13kg Front/7kg Rear)
Whiteline Swaybars (30mm Solid Front/ 20mm Solid Rear)
Nolathane Heavy Duty Links (Front)

Exterior:
Tinted Windows
TRD Style Wing (Fibre Glass Sides, Carbon Fibre Blade)
Parkers & License – White LEDs
Low Beams – 6000k Xenon HID Kit
Fog Lights – 6000k Xenon HID Kit

Interior:
Leather Re-trim Seat Covers (Black w/ white Supra logo)
Leather Gearstick Boot
Leather Handbrake Boot
TOM’S Gear Knob (White)
Fitted Floor mats (Black w/ white Supra logo)
Dash Inserts Re-sprayed Matt Black
Reverse El-Glo White Dials
AC Controls – White LED Conversion (WIP)

Electronics:
Defi Racer Gauge – Boost Guage, BAR
HKS Type 1 Turbo Timer

I.C.E:
Alpine IVA-W502EV
Alpine V-Power MRP-F550 (4 Channel)
Alpine Type-R 6.5” 2-Way Splits (Front)
Alpine Type-R 6.5” 2-Way Splits (Rear)
Alpine V-Power MRP-M450 (Mono-block)
Alpine Type-R 12” Dual Voice Coil Subwoofer

Ark's Supra Updatedinterior

Ark's Supra Newenginewaitingforloom

Ark's Supra After

Ark's Supra 16742_166999909428_708679428_256066
Back to top Go down
DONB4

DONB4

Ark's Supra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ark's Supra   Ark's Supra Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 3:25 am

sxc Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Jaz_ej20

Jaz_ej20

Ark's Supra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ark's Supra   Ark's Supra Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 3:45 am

That looks pretty good mate! Power figures?
Back to top Go down
Retmore

Retmore

Ark's Supra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ark's Supra   Ark's Supra Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 4:03 am

Awesome car Very Happy

I did have the el-glo dials but removed them when i installed at 300km/h speedo Wink

did you do the TTC yourself do you prefer it over normal sequential I heard it can laggy

Oh and woo hoo a Supra welcome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ark

Ark's Supra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ark's Supra   Ark's Supra Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 4:54 am

Thanks guys. I haven't had it on a dyno yet so I'm not sure on power, it's currently running 13psi.

Yea I did the TTC mod myself, I also did the whole conversion (2jzgte) myself with an engine hoist, a jack and some axle stands lol. I only recently did the permanent TTC mod because my sequential system was playing up, it couldn't get more than 6psi in first and sometimes it wouldn't engage the second turbo in other gears. When I did the TTC mod I didn't just wire the valves open I removed both of them (and everything else to do with the sequential system) as I had the turbos off anyway, it is defiantly more laggy than sequential but I don't think its too bad as it starts making boost around 2800 and get full boost around 3300 rpm and I much prefer a system that is reliable and predictable.
Back to top Go down
BERZRK
Admin
BERZRK

Ark's Supra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ark's Supra   Ark's Supra Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 5:03 am

hey mate welcome!

good to see another supra!

finally some 2jz competition Razz

what type of wheels you got? sizes?
Back to top Go down
Retmore

Retmore

Ark's Supra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ark's Supra   Ark's Supra Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 5:16 am

ark wrote:
Thanks guys. I haven't had it on a dyno yet so I'm not sure on power, it's currently running 13psi.

Yea I did the TTC mod myself, I also did the whole conversion (2jzgte) myself with an engine hoist, a jack and some axle stands lol. I only recently did the permanent TTC mod because my sequential system was playing up, it couldn't get more than 6psi in first and sometimes it wouldn't engage the second turbo in other gears. When I did the TTC mod I didn't just wire the valves open I removed both of them (and everything else to do with the sequential system) as I had the turbos off anyway, it is defiantly more laggy than sequential but I don't think its too bad as it starts making boost around 2800 and get full boost around 3300 rpm and I much prefer a system that is reliable and predictable.

Thats awesome. I've only just gotten into performance cars so i'm very much a beginner. I've been thinking about doing the TTC just to see the difference but the sequ system is great (when working Very Happy ) At one point the 2nd turbo wasn't engaging I was worried i had fucked it but luckly it was just a loose hose Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
ark

Ark's Supra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ark's Supra   Ark's Supra Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 5:25 am

haha, they are Speedy Inferno 18x8 front and 18x9 rear with 235/40 and 265/35 Yokohama s.drives (Going to be replaced with Kuhmo KU36s eventually).

If you want to try the TTC mod you can do it by changing around a couple of vac hoses or you can actually setup a switch on the dash that can switch between both mods, I had the switch previously and it is very easy to setup, if you are interested I can get more info for you. The TTC mod also increases the exhaust volume from idle.
Back to top Go down
BERZRK
Admin
BERZRK

Ark's Supra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ark's Supra   Ark's Supra Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 5:42 am

very nice! im looking to get some big wheels in next few months! see if i can get more traction with wider wheels!
Back to top Go down
F6T

F6T

Ark's Supra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ark's Supra   Ark's Supra Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 6:09 am

Sweet ride mate. Interior looks awesome. Would be very interested in your power figures.
Back to top Go down
BERZRK
Admin
BERZRK

Ark's Supra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ark's Supra   Ark's Supra Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 6:11 am

id like to organise a club dyno day Smile
Back to top Go down
F6T

F6T

Ark's Supra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ark's Supra   Ark's Supra Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 6:42 am

Who's dyno? Howell's?
Back to top Go down
Jaz_ej20

Jaz_ej20

Ark's Supra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ark's Supra   Ark's Supra Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 6:49 am

I MAY be able to get PA's Dyno for a decent price, which will cater for fwd, rwd and awd!
Back to top Go down
F6T

F6T

Ark's Supra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ark's Supra   Ark's Supra Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 6:52 am

Of course....forgot we would need an AWD one.
Back to top Go down
ark

Ark's Supra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ark's Supra   Ark's Supra Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 7:57 am

Haha yea I don't get much traction either cause I don't have an lsd yet Sad

Yea a club dyno day would be good
Back to top Go down
Retmore

Retmore

Ark's Supra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ark's Supra   Ark's Supra Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 8:46 am

Sounds good i am interested in what mine will produce Smile
Back to top Go down
BERZRK
Admin
BERZRK

Ark's Supra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ark's Supra   Ark's Supra Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 9:01 am

yeh we will have one! one day! when we can find someone willing to let us use it for a nice price! we will just say everyone will give like $20 for 2 runs or something. i dunno the going rate! anyway, something to look into soon!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ark's Supra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ark's Supra   Ark's Supra Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ark's Supra
Page 1 of 1